Yes, we have fully arrived to parenthood as our five year old stuffed a foreign object into her nose. After discovering the wedged-in-there-too-tight said foreign object, she managed to push it up even farther up her nose in the short space of time that I walked into the bathrooom to get the tweezers and return. Daddy didn't think this merited a trip to the ER, so while I was checking Dr. Sears Medicine Cabinet , he laid her on the bathroom counter-top (aka the operating table) and used the the dreaded tweezers to reach up that small nostril to retrieve the Kleenex. Maybe he should have been a surgeon & not an engineer. What a crazy night!
Just in case you don't know, according to Dr. Sears:
If the object is still lodged far back in the nose and you are unable to remove it with the above measures, take the child to the hospital where a doctor can remove the object with a special instrument. Do not allow your child to lie on his back or fall asleep with a foreign object in his nose since it may be aspirated into the lungs.
All I can say is PHEW!
1 comment:
Well, I bet she'll never do that again!!
It could be worse....she could have shoved a Rosary bead up her nose while you were making Rosaries with a bunch of other homeschool kids.
Post a Comment