Starting our 3rd Quarter of school, here is the list of books we've been reading for the past several weeks:
Kamishibai Man by Allen Say - really liked this tale of a Japanese storyteller vs modernity.
Here's That Kitten by Maria Polushkin
Kaya's Kindergarten and the Letter K by Cynthia Klingel - just discovered this series. Great for beginning learners.
Phonics Friends: Kella's Kitten by Joanne Meier
Kangaroo's Adventure in Alphabet Town by Janet McDonnell
The Kweeks of Kookatumdee by Bill Peet - of course, we all loved this rhyming story by Mr. Peet.
Never, EVER Shout in a Zoo by Karma Wilson - very cute story.
Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen - All of us like this story & the illustrations. Really, who wouldn't want a lovable lion at the library?
The Lemondade Club by Patricia Polacco - a little too heavy for Kindergarteners. About cancer.
Leila at the Library and the Letter L by Cynthia Klingel
Oh, Look! by Patricia Polacco - cute rhyming story.
Phonics Friends: Lilly's Lost Lunch by Joanne Meier -
Mouse's Adventure in Alphabet Town by Janet McDonnell - kids loved this one as well as the K story.
Mommy's favorite this time around from the Library: Light and Easy Cookbook (from Cooking Light). I've discovered the cookbook section at the library! I don't know why I never thought to look up cookbooks before. I've borrowed several great ones - one on biscotti, one on waffles, one on Christmas cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment