I am super behind on my Letter of the Week posting. We've actually not been keeping up with it as Sophia started coloring a new "Letter Person" each day after Christmas. Our entire back sliding glass door, front door and some of our coat closet has the finished Letter product posted on them. We play a "Letter Game of Mystery" in which the Contestant (Sophia or Will) must identify the letter and sound of each Letter Person as the Host (Mom or Dad) slowly unveil them WHILE speaking in a funny voice. It is a lot of fun and the kids get marshmallows when they are finished. Nicholas has quickly taken to loving mini-marshmallows!
She has begun blending sounds pretty well using magnetic letters. There are many she has already mastered and I add more each day. Mostly two lettered sounds and words, some three letter words like Mom, Dad, God. Another game we have been playing is for each letter flashcard or word/sound flashcard she identifies correctly, she jumps up a step on the staircase. I guess you can say she is getting her exercise too!
No comments:
Post a Comment