Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Tues., Feb. 15, 2011

Outside my window...the sun is shining, the snow is melting, birds are singing. My screens are actually open it is so warm and beautiful.

I am thinking...of a troubled friend who needs some prayers right now.

I am thankful for...the beautiful day. A respite in winter.

From the learning rooms...adding a new sound: soft c in ce, ci, cy. Wow - how a few sounds can really expand your ability to decode.

From the kitchen...I'm planning pork stir-fry tonight.

I am wearing...Tshirt and jeans.

I am creating...a potty-trained 3 year old - hopefully!

I am going...to the Doc. office in 30 minutes with a sick almost 5 year old. Fever now for three days and a cough. Pretty miserable kiddo.

I am reading...Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. Also started the Abolition of Man by CS Lewis

I am hoping...for good weather this weekend for a fun birthday party for above almost 5 year old.

I am hearing...birds singing outside.

Around the house...I really need to get some cobwebs cleaned up. WOW! Plus sort LOTS of papers to file or trash.

One of my favorite things...is coffee with whipped cream.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Fire Station Tour/Birthday Party. Bake and frost a volcano cake on Thursday!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...my little 6 month old:

No comments: